Makes 12 large or 16 medium-sized muffins
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup pinto or black beans
- ⅔ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 400˚F and liberally grease a standard muffin tin.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl combine the rice, corn, beans, cheese and green onions. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- 3Add the egg mixture to the rice and stir well. Divide evenly between muffin tin and bake for 12–15 minutes or until the rice is slightly golden.
- 4Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Similar Related Posts:
- March 22, 2017
4 Ways to Add Colour and Nutrients to Your Toddler's Diet
These seasonal ingredients will add a burst of colour and an injection of vitamins A and C, iron, magnesium and potassium to your toddler's diet.