The 2018 SavvyMom Awards are open to:
- Any brand or product or service catering to kids and families in Canada.
- Products and services must be readily available for sale in Canada in Canadian dollars, online or in-store.
- All products must have been on the market by June 1, 2018.
- Early Bird: $125 +HST
- Entries after July 13, 2018: $175 +HST
- Mom Entrepreneur: $45 +HST
An independent judging team of experts will review and test the products in each category and select a gold winner and a second-place award of excellence. The judges for the 2018 Savvy Awards are professionals and influencers in the field of children’s development, education, health and wellness, technology and more.
Our expert judges will be assessing the entry submissions using four primary criteria:
• Innovation: Does the product or service break new ground in its respective field or go beyond minimal improvement on something that already exists?
• Impact: Has the product or service made a significant impact in people’s lives? Is it improving their overall lifestyle, health or well-being? Is the impact measurable?
• Uniqueness: What differentiates the product or service in the baby, toddler and family market? How is it unique and/or superior?
To apply for the 2018 SavvyMom Awards:
- Complete the entry form and submit your entry fee.
- For products to be considered, you must submit 3 samples of each product you are entering.
- Samples and any marketing material should be sent to:
Attn: SavvyMom Awards 410 Adelaide Street, Suite 501, Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
- Samples and marketing materials will be submitted to the judging panel for review. Any additional samples will be used for promotional opportunities (ie. contests, giveaways) and charitable donations to charities supporting mothers and families in Canada.
Samples should be shipped as soon as possible, and no later than September 24, 2018.
- Best Eco or All-Natural Product: An eco-friendly product will be defined as one that has less of an environmental impact or is less detrimental to human health than the traditional product equivalent.
- Best Snack or Prepared Food for Kids: Products that are helping to make snack time fun for kids and parents alike. All snacks and prepared foods are welcome—healthy snacks, nut-free and gluten-free snacks, vegan treats and any other snack or food that parents can serve without preparation.
- Best Pregnancy Product/Gear: Does your product make life a little simpler and more comfortable for moms-to-be? From belly bands, pregnancy pillows, maternity bras, stretch mark creams and everything in between, this category is for all products and gear related to pregnancy.
- Best Baby Gadget or Gear: From baby carriers and diaper bags to swaddles and baby monitors, we are looking for products that make life with baby easier for mom and dad. Note: strollers, car seats and toys should be submitted in the Best Stroller, Best Car Seat or Best Toy categories.
- Best Picture Book (Babies/Toddlers/Preschoolers): All picture books or board books that tell the story mainly through the use of images or pictures are welcome. All entries should be suited for babies, toddlers or preschoolers, aged 0-5 years old.
- Best Skincare Line for Babies and Kids: Babies and kids skin has different needs than that of their parents and they need products that meet those needs. Skincare lines must be tailored to kids, babies or both and must include at least one of the following: lotion, diaper cream, shampoo, bath wash, sunscreen, baby wipes.
- Best Toys for Babies, Toddlers & Preschoolers, School-Age Kids: Parents are spoiled for choice when it comes to picking out toys of their kids. But they are all looking for the best of the best. Enter your toy for babies (0-1 year), toddlers and preschoolers (2-4 years) school-age kids (5-8 years).
- Best Stroller: Choosing a stroller is a big decision for parents, so we want to narrow down the search. All strollers are welcome to enter including full-sized strollers, lightweight or umbrella strollers, jogging strollers, double strollers, car seat carriers, and travel systems.
- Best New Mom Entrepreneur: Are you or do you know a mom entrepreneur with a kid- or family-related product? We’re looking for the best new mom entrepreneur. To be considered, entrants in this category must have started their business within the last 3 years and must provide a kid- or family-related product or service.