Is the endless loop of holiday mall tunes getting you down? Stay out of the mall and get to these 12 great activities for the family. Consider it our gift to you this year—twelve free suggestions designed to get kids up and out for a happy holiday season.
- Skate at the Olympic Oval on December 23 from noon to 4 pm. Admission to the Oval is free with a donation to the Calgary Inter-Faith Food Bank. Santa will be there with a host of other characters.
- Take in the Airdrie Festival of Lights until New Year’s Eve. Watch a live concert, sit on Santa’s knee or ride a camel (almost free).
- Go tobogganing at one of the city’s snow covered hills. Our fave is Stanley Park. Make sure all sliders wear helmets.
- Go to the Calgary Farmers’ Market for the ‘5 Days of Freshmus’ on December 19 to 23 between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm (5:00 pm on the weekend.) Visit the big man in his sleigh while you’re there.
- Salsa off some of that shortbread with your little one for free on Friday December 19 at 11:30 am in Studio 2 on the lower level of the Trico Center (11150 Bonaventure Dr SE.) Salsa Babies offers fun and fitness for grown-ups and little ones alike.
Category: No Category