Check your pacifier stash, parents.
Health Canada has issued notice of a recall for Baby’s Choice Pacifier and Holder set due to choking hazard. Parts of the nipple can detach, causing a potential for choking.
Over 6,000 of the affected units were sold in Canada between May 2017 and March 2018. As of July 16th 2019, no injuries have been reported, but consumers should still stop using the product immediately.
What to look for
Photo courtesy of healthycanadians.gc.ca
The sets come in blue, green, and pink combinations. The pacifiers are connected to their holders with matching coloured straps.
Check the back of the packaging for the following info:
Model number: C11905
Manufacturer code: ZN
Batch number: 8624/16
What to do if you have an affected product
- Stop using the product immediately
- Take the product away from babies and children
- Dispose of it, or return it to the place of purchase for a replacement
- If you have experienced a problem with this product (or any product), fill in an incident report at health.canada.ca
- Do not give away or sell this product or any recalled product. Doing so is prohibited in Canada.
Further questions about this product and recall can be directed to Deejay Group Inc. at 514-382-4840, Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or by email at email@example.com.
For more information on global recalls, please visit globalrecalls.oecd.org