Why You’ll Want to Visit Saunders Farm This Summer (Hint: Sunflowers)
Saunders Farm has long been a fall and Halloween-season staple for families in the Ottawa area. Their haunting season is filled with pumpkins, spooky wagon rides and incredible mazes and is a significant part of Ottawa.
But did you know you can also visit Saunders Farm in the summer? Not only that, this year Saunders Farm has a new festival that will have everyone talking.
Saunders Farm Summer Lineup
Saunders Farm has an entire summer of fun planned for families looking to spend time outside and seek new adventure:
- They have a splash pad where kids can cool off (and what kid doesn’t love a splash pad?) with interactive water spouts designed to melt away the heat.
- The large jumping pillows are a great attraction for younger and older kids.
- The world-famous mazes are available to challenge everyone.
- Kids will love the pedal cars, sliding down Witch Mountain, and making up imaginative adventures on the various play structures – we recommend you plan for extra time at the wooden pirate ship.
- Families can also take a wagon ride and play in the tree forts.
- Pack a picnic or grab a bite to eat at the Farmers Table BBQ (but save room for dessert!)
Plus, new this year: The Sunflower Festival
Whether you want to pick your own sunflowers or snap the perfect family photo in front of the gorgeous sea of yellow, Saunders Farm is providing a unique opportunity this year during their Sunflower Festival from August 9-18. The festival intends to highlight sustainability and welcomes visitors to savour local food and listen to live music during one of their Farm to Table dinners, explore the fields and take stunning photos, or pick your own sunflowers ($5 each or 5 for $20).
On August 9th and 10th, buy your tickets for their special dinner service and live music during their Chef’s Table Concert Series in partnership with The Festival of Small Halls. The evening events begin at 6 pm.
You may also be interested to know about Sunflower Yoga at 7 pm on August 15 if you want to spend some time away from the kiddos. There is an additional cost for this.
The Sunflower Festival is a part of their summer activities and only one ticket is required (outside of special event tickets for the dinners and yoga). This is the perfect opportunity to capture the special sunflower photos that are so sought after and pick your own for your own home.
Know before you Go
Saunders Farm is open during the summer between Wednesdays and Sundays (closed Monday and Tuesday) until September 1. They are open from 10 am until 5 pm. Admission per person for the summer is $18. Children 2 and under are free.
Tickets for regular admission, or the Sunflower Festival, can be purchased online, in advance on their website.