These super fast quesadillas are perfect for busy weeknights or a play date lunch affair. Enjoy them as a vegetarian meal or add leftover cooked chicken or ground beef to up the protein quotient even more.
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup (125 mL) mild salsa (drained of excess liquid)
- 8 small whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
Prep and Cook
- 1In a bowl, mash the beans with a fork or potato masher.
- 2Add the salsa and mix well.
- 3Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Place two tortillas on each baking sheet.
- 4Spread each tortilla with a quarter of the bean-salsa mixture.
- 5Sprinkle 1/4 cup (60 mL) of cheese on top of each tortilla.
- 6Cover with a second tortilla.
- 7Bake at 350F until crisp and heated through (approx 15 minutes).
- 8Cut into wedges and serve with extra salsa and sour cream, if using.
Tagged under: quesadillas,black beans,black bean quesadillas