When it comes to getting out and about with your kids in Toronto, you can easily blow your budget—especially in summer, when Canadian families report spending three times more on outings and entertainment (and gas) than they do during the rest of the year.
No doubt you know about the family memberships at various Toronto attractions like the ROM, the Toronto Zoo, and the Ontario Science Centre. Those can save you money, but only if you’re certain you’ll be visiting a single attraction multiple times.
Enter Family Pass, a membership program with exclusive offers specifically for kids and families. Launched in February, it has more than 60 offers at this writing, on attractions, family shows, and services like meal delivery or post-natal wellness.
The savings are pretty significant: 50% off Aerosports Trampoline Parks, 20% off Legoland, up to 30% off Marlies games, 25% of Sky Zone, plus discounts at the Toronto Zoo, the Ontario Science Centre, the ROM, the Aga Khan, the Museum of Illusions, Cinesphere (Ontario Place), and more. See a full list of current offers here.
The best thing about Family Pass may be the price: it’s free for the first 30 days, then just $19.99 per family for a whole year. At that price, the pass pretty much pays for itself after one or two uses.
Why It’s Worth It
- Great quality offers at major attractions and local favourites.
- New offers are added weekly, so there’s always something new and the list is constantly growing.
- Most offers are valid for 1 year and you can apply them multiple times.
- A single Family Pass is good for the whole family.
- Offers are curated for kids and families, without any “filler” discounts on, say, computer repair or dry cleaning.
- It’s free for the first 30 days. (But this is a limited-time offer)
Another bonus is that the card is digital, so you can download it and use it immediately once you sign up, and you don’t have to carry a physical card around.
What It Costs
Family Pass costs $19.99 for an annual membership for your entire family. You only need one pass per family. It’s valid for one year from your date of purchase.
Learn more at FamilyPass.ca.