Coleslaw sometimes has a bad rap.
Too often it’s thought of as slimy, soggy, or drenched in fatty, mayo-based dressings. Most people steer clear of this traditional side dish.
But, we think coleslaw is making a comeback. And this bright and fresh cucumber, radish, and dill slaw (with a yummy and easy orange vinaigrette) is going to prove it. The best thing about this recipe is that it can easily be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled, depending on how many guests you’re expecting. So it can feed as many people (expected and unexpected) that end up showing up.
- 1-2 green or Chinese cabbages, shredded
- 8 -10 baby cucumbers, cut into triangles
- 12 -15 radishes, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped dill
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios (optional)
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and ground black pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1In a large bowl, combine cabbage, cucumber, radishes, cucumber, dill, and pistachios, if using.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper until emulsified. Drizzle over slaw and toss to coat very well.