For easy entertaining, make the meat mixture for these hearty stuffed avocado shells in advance and stuff them just before serving.
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
- 1-540ml. can of pinto or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 avocados
- Toppings: salsa, sour cream, Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, cilantro, green onions, lime wedges
Prep and Cook
- 1Place a skillet over medium-high heat, and add the beef, cooking until no longer pink.
- 2Add the beans, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt and stir to combine, cooking until the meat is well browned.
- 3Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- 4Fill each avocado half with some of the meat and bean mixture. Top with any of the recommended toppings. Serve immediately.
Tagged under: avocado,easy dinners,stuffed avocado shells,simple avocado recipes