Kids will go buggy for these adorable, colourful party sandwiches.
What to Serve with This
- 1 dozen small round buns
- 1 red apple
- 1 grape, halved
- 8 mini marshmallows
- 1 cucumber round, halved crosswise
- 10–12 pretzels
- Assorted sandwich fillings: ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, turkey, peanut butter etc.
- Faux green grass (optional)
Prep and Cook
- 1Using the round buns and sandwich fillings, make ten assorted sandwiches (for the caterpillar body) and set aside.
- 2Slice the apple in half (for the head) and lay cut-side down. Slice the grape in half and, using toothpicks, attach each half of the grape to the apple (for eyes). Do the same with the cucumber slice (for the mouth).
- 3Skewer marshmallows onto toothpicks (4 on each) and attach to the apple (for the antennas).
- 4Scatter the grass (if using) over a large cake board or baking sheet and place the apple on the right side of the tray. Lay the sandwiches sideways, in the shape of a very hungry caterpillar. Insert two pretzels to every other bun (for the legs).