Food colouring transforms an ordinary cake into an extraordinary one for your little heroes.
- 2 – 8" chocolate or vanilla cakes
- 3 cups white icing
- 2 to 4 drops of yellow food colouring or paste
- 2 to 4 drops of black food colouring or paste
- 1 – 12" cake board
- 1 zip top baggie
- 1 miniature action figure
- Paper banner and signs (see below)
Prep and Cook
- 1Place two cups of icing in a medium mixing bowl and add the yellow food colouring. Stir to combine, ensuring the entire colour is mixed in. Set aside.
- 2Place one of the cakes on a cake board and cover with icing. Then top with the second cake.
- 3Ice the entire cake, ensuring even coverage. Using the back of a spoon, swirl the icing all over the cake to create a wave effect.
- 4Mix the remaining one cup of icing with the black food colouring and combine well. Scoop the icing into a zip top baggie and twist the top of the bag closed. Snip off one of the corners of the bag and pipe a dotted border around the base of the cake, covering the seam between the icing and the cake board.
- 5Place the action figure in the centre of the cake, and add the banner and signs.
- 6Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.