Apple and cinnamon adds some sweetness to this twist on the easy-to-make Mexican meal.
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp brown sugar, or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
Prep and Cook
- 1In a skillet set over medium/high heat, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the apple slices and sauté until soft.
- 2Divide the cheese and place half over two of the tortillas.
- 3Spoon half of the apple mixture over the cheese and top with remaining tortillas.
- 4Place each quesadilla back in the skillet (no need to wash it first) and cook on each side until the tortilla is crispy.
- 5Allow to cool slightly, then cut into quarters and serve.
Tagged under: school lunches,quesadilla,vegetarian recipe