- 1 chocolate or vanilla cake, 9x13-inches
- 2 cups white icing
- 2 drops of yellow food colouring or paste
- 2 drops of blue food colouring or paste
- 2 drops of pink or red food colouring or paste
- 1 zip top baggie
- Assorted small round sprinkles
Prep and Cook
- 1Place one cup of icing in a medium mixing bowl and add the yellow food colouring. Stir to combine, ensuring the entire colour is mixed in.
- 2Cover the entire cake with the yellow icing, ensuring a smooth, even coverage.
- 3Mix ½ cup of icing with the blue food colouring and combine well. Repeat with the remaining icing and the pink food colouring.
- 4Scoop the blue and pink icing into separate zip top baggies and twist the top of the bag closed. Snip off one of the corners of each of the bags and set the pink icing aside.
- 5Using the blue icing, pipe a dotted/wavy border around the sides of the cake. When finished pipe a superhero symbol in the middle of the cake, and discard the blue icing.
- 6Using the pink/red icing, pipe the initial of the birthday girl onto the middle of the superhero symbol.
- 7Cover the remainder of the cake with sprinkles and serve.
Category: No Category