Ready to embrace the salad again? Looking for unique salads to add to your repertoire?
Here’s a recipe for a roasted salmon salad with a tangy lemon vinaigrette that is anything but boring and bland.
Organic greens, delicate roasted salmon, salty feta, cherry tomatoes, avocado. Yum!
- 2 to 4 fillets Atlantic salmon, preferably organic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups organic mixed greens (baby kale, arugula & spinach)
- 1 cup sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta (optional)
- 2 to 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Lay salmon fillets on baking sheet and pat dry with paper towels.
Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle evenly with lemon zest, sea salt & pepper.
Roast in oven until salmon is cooked through (it should be opaque and flake easily), about 20 to 25 minutes depending on the size of your fillets.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly while you prepare salad.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice with Dijon, salt & pepper.
Slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil and whisk constantly until emulsified.
Reserve in fridge until ready to use.
- 3In a large bowl, combine greens, tomatoes, avocado, and feta (if using).
Drizzle with half of lemon vinaigrette and toss gently to coat.
Divide between plates and flake salmon pieces on top.
Store remainder of vinaigrette in refrigerator.