Once you know how beautifully lasagna works in the slow cooker, you may never use the oven again. Keeping a batch of Bolognese (see our favourite Bolognese recipe here) in the freezer at all times helps this dinner come together with just four simple ingredients and a few hours of time. Speaking of timing, this isn’t a meal that’s meant to be made while you’re at work, given the short cooking time, but it’s quite ideal for busy weekends when afternoon activities might keep you away from the house for a few hours.
Adapted from Best of Bridge: The Family Slow Cooker
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups Bolognese sauce
- 12 dried lasagna noodles
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine mozzarella, Parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 2Spray the bowl of a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray. Spread ½ cup sauce over the bottom, then lay 3 noodles over top, snapping them to fit (they don’t need to be neat—use broken shards to fill in any gaps).
- 3Spread a quarter of the remaining sauce over the noodles, then a quarter of the cheese mixture. Repeat three more times with layers of noodles, sauce and cheese. Cover and cook on low until noodles are tender, about 3 hours.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 10, 2017
The Best Gift for a New Mother Is a Home-Cooked Meal
Whether you're dropping off a 'sympathy supper' or a dish for a busy new mother, these recipes travel and reheat beautifully.
- January 30, 2017
4 Surprising Dishes You Can Make in a Slow Cooker
From a four-ingredient lasagna to an impressive restaurant-quality dessert, these recipes will force you to rethink how you use your slow cooker, and introduce you to a few inspiring ideas you'll be sure to come back to time and time again.