Adapted from Everyday Food Magazine
- ¾ cup whole-wheat pastry or all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
Prep and Cook
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- 2In a second bowl, stir together the brown sugar, butter, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and orange zest. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir well to combine. Let rest 15 minutes.
- 3Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions. Pour ½ cup batter into the centre of the waffle iron, close and cook until golden brown and crisp.
- 4Transfer waffles to a wire rack set on a baking sheet and place in a 200°F oven to keep warm.