- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 10–12 bacon strips
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Place oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and carrots and cook for another minute or two. Remove from stovetop and allow to cool.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl and stir. Add egg and mix to combine.
- 4In a large mixing bowl add turkey, parsley, salt, sage and pepper. Add cooled vegetables and milk mixture and mix with hands until everything is combined. Shape meat into a 10” x 5” loaf and set on baking sheet.
- 5Brush top of loaf with ketchup and lay strips of bacon diagonally across turkey, taking care to overlap them. Tuck bacon ends under the meatloaf.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes, or until middle of the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 17, 2017
7 Hacks to Take You from Hot Mess to Easy-Breezy Hostess
These seven clever hacks will turn you into the easy-breezy, no-sweat hostess you've always wanted to be.