- 3 + ¼ oz. envelope of gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cups light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2-3 drops pink gel paste food colouring
- ½ cup powdered sugar
Prep and Cook
- 1Spray an 8” x 8” baking pan with non-stick spray or grease it well with vegetable oil.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer, sprinkle the gelatin over ½ cup cold water. Soak for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine the sugar, corn syrup and remaining ¼ cup of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
- 4Pour the boiling syrup into the gelatin mixture and mix at high speed. Add the salt and beat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 5Add the peppermint extract and pink food colouring, and incorporate it into the mixture.
- 6Lightly oil a spatula and scrape the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let the marshmallows set for a minimum of 2 hours.
- 7Cut into 16, 25, or 36 pieces, depending on what size of marshmallows you desire. Toss the cut pieces with powdered sugar, coating all sides evenly. Shake off the excess and store in a lidded container for up to one week.
Similar Related Posts:
- December 20, 2016
Simple Chocolate Yule Log
Why make this cake? It's incredibly easy to make, despite looking ultra impressive on the plate. It requires only 10 ingredients from start to finish, it's super kid-friendly. It can be made in advance (for my test run, I kept the cake covered in the fridge for four days and it still tasted great.