This is a beautiful way to serve one of Europe’s best salad recipes.
- 4–6 mini seedless cucumbers, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 package feta, crumbled or cubed
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Starting with cucumber slices, layer vegetables, olives, feta and fresh herbs in a large round, glass salad bowl (a straight-sided trifle bowl is perfect to show off the colourful layers).
- 2Cover and transfer salad to the refrigerator.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, dried oregano and salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil.
- 4Dressing can be made up to 3 days ahead.
- 5Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately, ensuring that each plate includes a little bit of everything. Adjust quantity of dressing as needed.
Tagged under: salad,layered greek salad,greek salad,layered salad