It’s a soup, it’s a meal, it’s a shot of veggies in a bowl that makes a perfect make-ahead-meal.
- 6 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped (about 4 tomatoes)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chunked
- 1 ½ English cucumbers, peel on, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (or basil)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups canned, low sodium tomato juice
- Cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (3 per person)
Prep and Cook
- 1Place one-third of the vegetable and herb ingredients in a food processor and puree until you've reached your desired consistency (chunky to smooth).
- 2Pour puréed vegetable mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining vegetable mixture.
- 3Add olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, oregano, salt and pepper and tomato juice to the bowl, stirring until combined. Taste for seasoning.
- 4Refrigerate soup until chilled.
- 5Serve soup cold with chilled or grilled jumbo shrimp and a dollop of plain yogurt or a handful of croutons.