- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp anchovy paste
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ loaf slightly stale baguette, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch kale, washed, stems removed and finely chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled or chopped
Prep and Cook
- 1To make the salad dressing, whisk together the garlic, salt, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and anchovy paste. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, while continuing to whisk, until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Store dressing in a jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 2To make the croutons preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the bread cubes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season liberally with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper and lightly toss to coat. Spread the pieces of bread into a single layer and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the tray, toss the croutons and return to the oven baking for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. When done to your liking, remove from the oven and let cool.
- 3Place the kale in a large salad bowl and top with the croutons. Drizzle with the desired amount of dressing and toss lightly to combine. Garnish with the sliced hard-boiled eggs and crumbled bacon and serve or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- 4Kale is a hearty green and does best when dressed at least 15 minutes before serving. It can also hold in the fridge, fully dressed, for up to 24 hours without wilting.
- 5Anchovy paste can be found at the fresh fish counter of most major grocery stores.
- 6Make the dressing up to five days in advance, toast the breadcrumbs up to two days in advance and store in an airtight container, and cook the eggs and bacon up to three days in advance for a complete make-ahead meal.
Tagged under: salad recipes,salad,bacon and egg kale caesar salad