Toddlers love these neat little sandwiches because they’re just the right size and because the crusts are cut off.
- 4 slices white bread (or mini pita)
- ½ cup soft cream cheese
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp fresh mint, chopped fine
- English cucumber, sliced in thin rounds
- Smoked salmon, thinly sliced (optional)
Prep and Cook
- 1Mix together cream cheese, lemon rind and mint until smooth.
- 2Spread cream cheese mixture on one side of each of the 4 slices.
- 3On two slices, top cream cheese mixture with one layer of cucumber and salmon slices.
- 4Place the other two slices on top.
- 5Trim off the crusts and slice into squares, triangles or fingers.
- 6For mini pita, divide pita in half, spread halves with cream cheese mixture, cucumber slices and smoked salmon and then replace top.
Tagged under: sandwiches,cucumbers,cucumber sandwiches,cucumber party sandwiches