Our refreshing and sweet salsa recipe is filled with all kinds of ingredients your kids will love.
- 4–6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Juice of one lime
- Zest of one lime
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme or basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup cucumber, cubed
- 1 cup watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp white wine or cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mint sprigs
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine marinade ingredients with chicken in re-sealable plastic bag or shallow dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, combine salsa ingredients and set aside.
- 3Preheat barbeque to medium-high and brush the grate with oil.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade and place on preheated grill rack. Grill chicken until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Turn over, reduce the heat to medium, close the cover and continue grilling until just cooked through (another 6-7 minutes) and the juices run clear.
- 6Serve one breast per person topped with Cucumber and Melon Salsa and a sprig of mint.
Tagged under: salsa,grilled chicken,cucumber and melon salsa,salsa and chicken,chicken