Entertaining can be easy and stylish with this simple, refreshing salad.
- 3 ripe mangoes (preferably the more flavourful Alphonso variety), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chiffonade of fresh basil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- Zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp hot pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- Black pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1To make the vinaigrette, combine lime zest, lime juice, sugar, hot pepper flakes and salt.
- 2Slowly drizzle in oil and whisk until emulsified. Season with black pepper.
- 3Combine mangoes, red pepper and onion in a salad bowl.
- 4One to 3 hours before serving, whisk dressing again and gently toss with salad.
- 5Add basil and mint up to 30 minutes before serving.
Category: No Category