More than just a sandwich, this dish is an all-in-one meal, loaded with fresh, healthy ingredients.
- 1 large round loaf of bread (boule or Calabrese loaf)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed (about 3 breasts)
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- Salt and black pepper
- Romaine lettuce
Prep and Cook
- 1Slice off the top 2 inches of the loaf in one big piece and set aside.
- 2Hollow out the bread, leaving a shell ½ inch thick.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, curry powder and paprika.
- 4Stir in chicken, grapes, celery, almonds, green onion, red pepper and salt and black pepper to taste.
- 5Line the bread bowl with lettuce leaves and spoon chicken mixture into the bread.
- 6Replace the bread top. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until picnic time.
- 7To serve, using a bread knife, slice the boule into wedges, so guests have ready-made sandwiches.
Category: No Category