Change up breakfast but keep it familiar and easy for you with this twist on French toast. Little fingers can dip these delicious stuffed French toast fingers to their heart’s content. Our easy-peasy Maple Yogurt Dip feels like an extra-added treat on the side.
We’re keeping things sweet here but you could change things up with savoury fillings and a mustard-y dip for a fancy-pants lunch or even appetizers or finger foods for guests once we’re entertaining in earnest again.
Stuffed French Toast Fingers Recipe
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Filling of choice: Nutella, mashed banana, jam etc.
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
Prep and Cook
- 1Line-up the bread and spread every other slice with one of the fillings.
- 2Top each slice with a plain piece of bread and set aside.
- 3Combine the eggs, milk, and cinnamon in a shallow plate or bowl.
Dip the sandwiched bread into the egg mixture and let soak for a minute on each side.
- 4While the bread is soaking in the egg, preheat a frying pan to med-high heat and melt the butter and oil together.
- 5Cook the bread for approx 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Continue with all of the bread until everything is cooked.
- 6Slice the toasts into fingers and set out on a plate.
- 7Combine the yogurt and maple syrup and use for a dipping sauce for the fingers.
Tagged under: french toast,French Toast recipe,french toast fingers,french toast sticks,stuffed french toast