I’m not sure where we first came across this recipe for easy homemade pancakes from scratch, but my husband and I have been following it for years and it could not be simpler or easier. There are only 5 ingredients, and you can easily double or triple this recipe to make extra pancakes to freeze for later.
Once you’ve made these homemade pancakes from scratch a few times, you will no longer need to refer to this recipe much, if ever. Seriously, you’ll wonder why you ever bothered with pancake mix in the past. And it’s pretty healthy! There’s no sugar in this recipe, and the only oil necessary is to use for cooking.
These pancakes do not come out like fluffy sponges. They are slightly rubbery in consistency. If you prefer a thinner pancake, you can add a touch more milk to the batter to have them pour into the pan and cook flatter. And a little less baking powder than what’s listed makes the pancakes thinner as well.
Makes 6-8 pancakes, depending on size.
Homemade Pancakes from Scratch Recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Prep and Cook
- 1Measure all ingredients in a bowl and gently stir with a whisk until all of the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
Do not overmix
- 2Pre-heat fry pan or griddle to medium heat
- 3After adding cooking spray or a splash of butter or oil, ladle one scoop of pancake batter into the centre of the pan.
- 4Once the batter in the pan begins to bubble, flip the pancake with a large spatula.
The second side usually doesn't take more than a few minutes to cook.
- 5Place cooked pancakes onto a plate lined with parchment paper into the oven set to warm until they are all cooked.