They’re not just for breakfast anymore!
Who saves pancakes for Sunday morning breakfasts anymore? Homemade pancakes are treats that eat like a meal. These oatmeal pancakes make great snacks.
Good to know:
I make a few of these at a time and freeze them for a quick breakfast that I can pop in the toaster for the kids. Sometimes I make an almond butter and jam sandwich out of the pancake and they eat this in the car on the way to school.
Makes one large pancake that can be split between two children
- 1/2 cup organic oats
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Prep and Cook
- 1Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in a small skillet
- 2Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into the heated skillet.
- 3Cook about 4 minutes and test the edges to see how firm your pancake is.
When ready, flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes
- 4Top with your choice of butter or a nut/seed butter, drizzle with maple syrup and fresh berries
Tagged under: pancakes,pancake recipe,oatmeal pancakes