Easy S’mores Fudge
My kids like to make holiday gifts for a few special people in their lives, and while I would definitely consider myself a crafty person, weekend hockey keeps me from committing to making Grandpa a wooden bird feeder or Aunt Beth a Pollock-esque painting.
Instead, I turn to my kitchen cupboards and cookbooks and let the kids pick out something quick and easy that we can package up prettily and hand out to multiple people.
Jackson (my youngest), took this recipe straight from the December issue of Canadian Living. ‘Easy’ and ‘fudge’ are two words that speak loudly to him, and I suggested that we replace the walnuts in the recipe with graham crackers and marshmallows for a more kid-friendly, s’mores fudge concoction. He accepted the challenge and we successfully made this no-bake sweet in less time than it would’ve taken me to go to the store to buy some fudge.
Using only seven ingredients, I’m confident that children of reading age could make this s’mores fudge recipe themselves, with only a little help from a supervising parent. I’d suggest opening the can of milk for them, and overseeing the melting of the chocolate, but other than that, I’m sure your little chefs could make a batch of this with only minimal assistance.
Do your kids ever make edible gifts for loved ones?
Recipe: Easy S’mores Fudge
Adapted from Canadian Living
- 10 oz milk or dark chocolate
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup broken graham cracker pieces
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
Prep and Cook
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water and melt it, stirring occasionally.
- When the chocolate has melted, add the condensed milk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the graham crackers and marshmallows reserving a few pieces of each to garnish the top of the fudge.
Stir to combine.
- Spray an 8"x8" square pan with non-stick spray.
Pour the fudge into the pan and smooth the top.
Garnish with the reserved graham crackers and marshmallows.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and cut the fudge into 1-inch squares.