Serve this simple summer pasta recipe warm or as a salad for your next Family Meal.
- 450 g (2 cups) orzo pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 125 g pancetta, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 cups fresh arugula or spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn
- 1 cup mild goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Cook the orzo in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, but firm to bite. Don't overcook.
- 2Drain well (reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water for the sauce) and keep warm.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add garlic, onion and pancetta and sauté until golden.
- 5Stir in tomatoes and cook just until tomatoes start to soften.
- 6Remove from heat and toss sauce with pasta, lemon zest, arugula, basil, cheese and, if needed, reserved pasta water.
- 7Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.