- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb of your favourite cut of steak
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 8 slices aged-cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 dinner rolls or slider buns
Prep and Cook
- 1Place the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the vinegar has reduced and thickened to the consistency of maple syrup, about 20 minutes.
- 2Heat your grill or pan. Oil both sides of the steak and liberally season with salt and pepper. Cook until you reach the desired done-ness.
- 3Remove the steak from the heat and allow it to rest for 10 minutes to keep the juices inside and the meat moist.
- 4Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips.
- 5To assemble the sandwiches: Combine the Dijon and mayonnaise and mix well. Slice the buns in half and spread the Dijonnaise mixture on both sides. Top the bottom bun with a few leaves of spinach, some steak and a piece of cheese. Cover with the remaining half of bun and repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- 6Skewer the sandwiches with a toothpick and serve.
Category: No Category