This is the easiest lasagna you will ever make. The convenient toddler-sized single-serving portions are prefect for small stomachs, packed lunches, picnics, or just calorie-counting mommas (since they’re pre-portioned). Our meat sauce recipe makes a double batch, so you can freeze half for a second dinner on a different day.
Good to Know:
- The beef and tomato sauce mixture will make enough for a double batch of lasagna wonton cups. Feel free to freeze the remaining sauce for up to 3 months, saving it for another dinner.
- Wonton wrappers can be found in the refrigerated section of the produce aisle (where you would find soups, salad dressings, and containers of baby spinach or mixed greens). They are typically sold in packs of 56 so you can freeze what you don’t use, saving them for a second supper as well.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F and oil a standard muffin pan, or coat with non-stick spray.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon, for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat if necessary, and return the skillet to the stove.
- 3Add the garlic, oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt, sugar, and tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute more. Add the crushed tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce, stir and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 4Season ricotta cheese with remaining teaspoon of salt and mix well. Set aside.
- 5Press a wonton wrapper into each of the 12 muffins wells. Top with one tablespoon each of the ricotta, beef and tomato sauce, and mozzarella. Repeat with one more layer of each ingredient: wonton wrapper, ricotta, beef and tomato sauce, and mozzarella.
- 6Place muffin tin into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the wonton wrappers are crisp and golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan and garnish with parsley, if desired, before serving.
Similar Related Posts:
- March 22, 2017
4 Ways to Add Colour and Nutrients to Your Toddler's Diet
These seasonal ingredients will add a burst of colour and an injection of vitamins A and C, iron, magnesium and potassium to your toddler's diet.