- 8 oz dried pasta (penne or rotini)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup light cream
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked shrimp
Prep and Cook
- 1Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Two minutes before the pasta is done cooking, add the broccoli to the pot. Drain well and set aside.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, cream, ½ cup Parmesan, lemon zest, salt and pepper, and mix well. Add the shrimp, pasta and broccoli to the bowl and stir.
- 4Divide the pasta between 18 lined muffin cups and top each with some of the remaining cheese. Bakes for 12–15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.