This recipe belongs in the repertoire of every home cook, especially one with small children under foot. It hits all the hallmarks of a meal worth making—satisfying, simple, one-pot—and is sure to entice everyone in your family to the table.
Adapted from Nigellisima
Serves 2 adults and 2 small children
- 200 g cubed pancetta
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- ½ lb. orzo
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Prep and Cook
- 1Fill a kettle with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Heat two tablespoons of oil in a Dutch over set over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, until it becomes crisp and golden. Add the peas and stir for a minute or until the frozen look leaves them.
- 3Add the pasta and stir it into the pancetta and peas. Season cautiously with salt—the pancetta is salty—and pour in 2 ½ cups of the boiling water.
- 4Turn down the heat and stir the pasta. Let simmer for 10 minutes, but do check on it a couple of times and give it a stir or two to prevent it from sticking and to see if you need to add a little more water from the kettle.
- 5When the pasta is soft and starchy and the water is absorbed, stir the butter and Parmesan cheese into the pot. Check seasonings and adjust if necessary. Serve immediately.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 19, 2017
3 Healthy Recipes for Your May Long Weekend Barbecue
Who doesn't love long weekends spent with friends and family in the sunshine celebrating an extra day off of school and work?! My absolute favourite way to unwind and reconnect with the people I love most is by throwing a backyard barbeque…fresh air, good laughs and great food! As a nutritionist hosting foodie get-togethers I am always looking for healthy recipes, but as a Mom I also need to make sure they are tasty enough for my children to dig in to as well.
- May 18, 2017
How to Make a Build-Your-Own Caesar Bar
National Caesar Day fittingly falls on the Thursday before the May two-four weekend, the unofficial launch of patio season in Canada. Here's our recipe for a classic Caesar cocktail, and how you can create a build-your-own Caesar bar for a party.
- May 17, 2017
7 Hacks to Take You from Hot Mess to Easy-Breezy Hostess
These seven clever hacks will turn you into the easy-breezy, no-sweat hostess you've always wanted to be.