This recipe belongs in the repertoire of every home cook, especially one with small children under foot. It hits all the hallmarks of a meal worth making—satisfying, simple, one-pot—and is sure to entice everyone in your family to the table.
Adapted from Nigellisima
Serves 2 adults and 2 small children
- 200 g cubed pancetta
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- ½ lb. orzo
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Prep and Cook
- 1Fill a kettle with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Heat two tablespoons of oil in a Dutch over set over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, until it becomes crisp and golden. Add the peas and stir for a minute or until the frozen look leaves them.
- 3Add the pasta and stir it into the pancetta and peas. Season cautiously with salt—the pancetta is salty—and pour in 2 ½ cups of the boiling water.
- 4Turn down the heat and stir the pasta. Let simmer for 10 minutes, but do check on it a couple of times and give it a stir or two to prevent it from sticking and to see if you need to add a little more water from the kettle.
- 5When the pasta is soft and starchy and the water is absorbed, stir the butter and Parmesan cheese into the pot. Check seasonings and adjust if necessary. Serve immediately.
Similar Related Posts:
- July 19, 2018
Toddler Recipe: Zucchini Bread Waffles
This recipe boasts a combination of whole grain and all-purpose flours, a minimal amount of sugar and two full cups of vegetables. And like a lot of traditional zucchini breads, we’ve added mini chocolate chips to the recipe at times, and the results were definitely crowd-pleasing.
- July 13, 2018
7 No-Bake Desserts to Make Your Summer a Little Sweeter
If you’re looking for something that goes beyond a melty tub of Ben and Jerry’s, these easy no-bake desserts for summer are delicious, simple and sweat-free.
- July 5, 2018
How to Cook for a (Summer) Crowd Without Going Crazy
Looking for some of the best party food ideas for large groups? Here are a few strategies to help you control that chaos that comes with having many mouths to feed.
- May 30, 2018
7 Healthy Grab & Go Breakfast Bars for Busy Mornings
If you’re tired of eating your kids’ leftovers as you rush out the door in the morning, here are a few morning meal lifesavers. We've rounded up some healthy (and tasty) breakfast bars that will help hold you over.