Makes 12 large or 16 medium-sized muffins
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup pinto or black beans
- ⅔ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 400˚F and liberally grease a standard muffin tin.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl combine the rice, corn, beans, cheese and green onions. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- 3Add the egg mixture to the rice and stir well. Divide evenly between muffin tin and bake for 12–15 minutes or until the rice is slightly golden.
- 4Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Similar Related Posts:
- July 19, 2018
Toddler Recipe: Zucchini Bread Waffles
This recipe boasts a combination of whole grain and all-purpose flours, a minimal amount of sugar and two full cups of vegetables. And like a lot of traditional zucchini breads, we’ve added mini chocolate chips to the recipe at times, and the results were definitely crowd-pleasing.