- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb cooked boneless chicken (or turkey) breast, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and cubed pumpkin
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup corn (frozen or fresh)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 large whole wheat/multigrain buns
- Olive oil for brushing
Prep and Cook
- 1In Dutch oven or large heavy pot, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- 2Add chopped onions and cook until softened.
- 3Add all other ingredients, stir and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 2 hours.
- 5Check seasoning and adjust as needed.
- 6If using a slow cooker, brown onions separately and then transfer to slow cooker before adding all other ingredients.
- 7Cook chili in slow cooker on high setting for 5 hours or low for 10 hours.
- 8Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 9Using a sharp knife, cut about 1/2 inch off the top of the bun, then make the inside of the bun hollow by removing all but about 1 1/2 inches of bread.
- 10Using a brush or spray bottle, apply oil to the inside of the bun.
- 11Place buns on baking sheets and bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned on the inside.
- 12Remove from the oven and serve filled with pumpkin chili (or your favourite soup).
Similar Related Posts:
- September 28, 2016
A is for Apple: 10 Recipes for Cooking with Fall’s Favourite Fruit
Apple picking season starts in September and continues until November, making it the ideal family-friendly outing to celebrate the start of fall.
- September 6, 2016
SALADE DE FRAISES, AVOCAT, BASILIC ET TOMATES CERISES
On est au mois d'août, l'été achève, mais on peut encore en profiter! Voici une recette de salade de fraises qui goûte frais, qui est parfaite pour les pique-niques ou les soupers sur le bord de la piscine.