- 4 large carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
Prep and Cook
- 1Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 30–45 seconds or until bright green in colour. Drain and immediately transfer the broccoli to the cold water.
- 3Meanwhile, peel the carrots and trim the ends; slice the carrots into ¼” coins.
- 4Remove the broccoli from the cold water and pat dry.
- 5Shape the carrot coins on a large platter shaping them into a carrot form. Place the blanched broccoli florets at the top to mimic the green ends of a carrot.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.