- 4 large carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
Prep and Cook
- 1Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 30–45 seconds or until bright green in colour. Drain and immediately transfer the broccoli to the cold water.
- 3Meanwhile, peel the carrots and trim the ends; slice the carrots into ¼” coins.
- 4Remove the broccoli from the cold water and pat dry.
- 5Shape the carrot coins on a large platter shaping them into a carrot form. Place the blanched broccoli florets at the top to mimic the green ends of a carrot.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Similar Related Posts:
- February 22, 2017
5 Simple & Healthy Snacks Your Kids Will Love to Eat
One of the most asked questions in my home is 'Mom, can I have a snack?' All day long, my children are hungry! If you can relate and you're always on the look out for snack ideas to have at your disposal, I have 5 simple and healthy snack recipes your kids will love to eat (and you will too!).