You’ll have a hit on your hands with these cute creature mitts.
- A pair of gloves for each child in a variety of colours
- Add-ons, such as googly eyes, fabric trim, felt pieces, feathers, pipe cleaners, pompoms etc.
- Scissors for each child
- Fabric glue or glue gun
How to Make:
- Provide each child with a pair of gloves, a pair of scissors and fabric glue (if using).
- Kids can trade a glove with each other prior to starting the craft to make two different coloured monster mittens each.
- Make sure that the kids have the mittens laid out with the thumbs touching when they decorate them. You need to end up with a left hand and a right hand.
- Allow the children to cut out designs from the felt, fabric, feathers, etc. and design their monster mittens.
- If you are using fabric glue, the children can glue as they go along. If you decide to use a glue gun, have the children lay out their designs and then an adult can go around afterwards with the glue gun to secure everything.
- Once the gloves are dry, have the children put them on to show off their designs.
Good to Know:
- Magic Mini Gloves work great and are very inexpensive.
- If you are working with an older group that you think can sew in a straight(ish) line with yarn, then you could make Mitten Monster Pets by stuffing the gloves with cotton batting or cotton balls, then sewing them shut at the wrist.
Thanks to our Savvy Storyteller Susannah from Creative Mama on a Dime for providing this party activity.
To get the full how-to with more pictures, click here.