Now that we’re moms, we’re supposed to know everything and have eyes in the back of our heads. But it takes time and effort to develop such super powers and wisdom. That’s why we like The Baby Show—it’s essentially a crash course for new and veteran moms who flock to this annual event to find out about the latest prenatal, post-partum and baby and toddler product innovations, attend expert seminars and of course, shop.
The Baby Show is happening May 3–4 at the Ottawa Convention Centre, and take it from us, there is a way to ‘do’ the show so you get the most out of it.
Here are our tips to make the most of your day:
- Go early, before the crowds—you’ll get a better view of what’s in the show and the booths will be filled with samples that you’ll have first pick of.
- If you’re bringing the kids, make sure you check out the schedule to find out which of their favourite characters are appearing. Taking in one of the performances is a good chance for everyone to take a break and catch their breath.
- Review the list of vendors before you go so if there are any big ticket items you need, you can take advantage of show specials.
- Bring snacks. There is a Family Cafe for you to get something to eat, but if you’re pregnant, you may get hungry and if you have kids with you, they will get hungry.
- Do the show like a VIP. If you buy your tickets in advance you can reserve a spot in the VIP Room, where you can check your coat, store any purchases, have a snack and be treated like the very important person you are.
- Bring a stroller or wagon—not only will this help keep the kiddos contained, but you can also store your purchases, coats and more.
- Dress in layers so you can add or remove if you feel hot or cold. And make sure you wear comfy shoes!
- Don’t forget the H2O! Pack a handy bottle of water to keep you hydrated during the show.