RECIPE: Lime & Honey Grilled Chicken
Now that it’s summer, we’ve switched off our ovens and have turned our attention to the mighty grill. Quick, easy and practically no clean-up, make us love this style of cooking. Here we’ve created a recipe for lime & honey grilled chicken that is seriously going to rock your world (or, at the very least, your weeknight dinner routine). So, go on, what are you waiting for? It’s time to get your grill on!
Serves 4 to 6
4 to 6 skinless, boneless chicken free-range chicken breasts
2 tbsp lime zest
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp each sea salt and cracked black pepper
Freshly chopped cilantro for sprinkling
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow casserole dish and set aside while you prepare your marinade.
- Combine the lime zest, lime juice, honey, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over chicken breasts and turn to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare a BBQ or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill chicken breasts for 20 – 25 minutes, turning once. Timing will depend on the size and thickness of your breasts. Chicken should be completely cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 165° F when read with an instant-read thermometer.
- Once fully cooked, remove chicken breasts from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- TIP: We love this chicken served with steamed rice and avocado slices.