Dropping hints left, right and centre? We thought so.
Save yourself the trouble this year. If you know what you want, ask for it. If you don’t know what you want, we’ll tell you. Then forward this on to someone who (we’re sure) is dedicated to making your Mother’s Day special. (And speaking of specials, we have arranged a few for you, which we have listed down below.)
Mother’s Day is for…
• Staying in bed as long as you like (read: as long as you like)
• Little hugs and kisses and homemade cards with words that look like “love”
• Big hugs and kisses and gifts that are not so homemade—fresh coffee in bed and the paper with all sections (even if you don’t want them all, it’s nice to have the option)
• Breakfast from someone who knows how to cook it or at least read (and follow) a recipe. Consider picking something up from mom’s favourite local patisserie. Leaving the house empty and quiet while doing an errand is a gift in itself!
• A free manicure at Civello Spa in any of their four locations. (Yes, we’re serious about the ‘free’ part.) Call a location near you and book now before all the appointments are gone!
• A long walk on a sunny day with your family and a picnic that you did not plan, pack or pick up. Where do you get a picnic packed anyway? Easy—order from The Cheese Boutique if you live in the west end, Wanda’s in the Kitchen with Dinah if you are more central, or The Farmer’s Daughter if you are east. They all deliver
• Waking up to a clean house with all the toilet seats down. Lustre can help those looking for a little extra shine
• A quiet happy family that never argues, whines or says pleeeeeese, mommy!
• A long distance phone call in peace and quiet (no leg or arm tugging allowed) to another important mom in your life
• A glass of good wine
• A lovely dinner served to you by your loved ones that you did not plan, buy, chop, shop, prep, cook or clean for. Dinner can be picked up at Dish Cooking Studio on Saturday. The Dish To Go meals are turnkey and ready to impress. (The picnic places can do dinner and deliver too.) Be sure to call ahead of time though. Fine food cannot be delivered in 30 minutes like a pizza (but that’s not necessarily a bad idea either)
• Lots more hugs and kisses, and an early night
We wish you a very Happy Mother’s Day from the team at SavvyMom.
Wanda’s in the Kitchen with Dinah
1057 Mt. Pleasant Rd.
10% off for SavvyMom customers. Call and order or print this page out and bring to the store for your discount.
The Farmer’s Daughter
946 Kingston Road
45 Ripley Ave
dish cooking studio
390 Dupont St.
Lustre Cleaning Services
Get 10% off if you call for a certificate and ask for the SavvyMom Mother’s Day promotion
Category: No Category