Serving your cheese and apples on a tray before dinner is a classic stand by—but try stuffing them into your main course for a change.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped Honey Crisp apple
- 250g Brie cheese, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 200 g thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Heat vegetable oil and melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- 4Add chopped apple to the skillet and continue cooking until apples are tender.
- 5Remove from heat and let cool.
- 6Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to ¼ inch thickness.
- 7Divide apple mixture, Brie and walnuts along the end of each chicken breast and then tightly roll up each breast.
- 8Lie each of the rolled chicken breasts on top of prosciutto slices and secure with toothpicks or skewers.
- 9In the same skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 10Add the rolled chicken breasts to the pan and lightly sear until prosciutto is browned.
- 11If using an oven-safe skillet, transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Otherwise, continue to cook in a small baking dish or pan. Do not overcook.
- 12Remove from the oven, slice into medallions and serve immediately with your favourite fall side dishes.
Tagged under: chicken recipe,apple and brie,stuffed chicken,stuffed chicken recipe