Maple, mustard and peameal bacon. Could a list of ingredients be more Canadian? Our twist on the classic club sandwich is a tribute to the flavours and foods we grow, raise and produce.
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 fresh baguette, approximately 20-inches long
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 300g cooked and sliced chicken breast
- 5 pieces cooked peameal bacon, sliced in half
Prep and Cook
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, whole grain mustard and maple syrup. Set aside.
- 2Slice the baguette in half lengthwise and smear the mayonnaise mixture liberally over both pieces of bread, covering it evenly. Top one side with lettuce leaves, tomato slices, chicken, and bacon. Top with second piece of bread.
- 3To serve, slice sandwich into 4 to 6 even pieces and pierce with a toothpick or skewer to hold together. If taking the sandwich to go, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or parchment paper and keep chilled until ready to serve. Just before serving, unwrap and cut as instructed.