- 1–2 Tbsp butter
- 5 chocolate croissants
- 2 pears, trimmed, cored and chopped into 1” cubes
- 2½ cups milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp ground ginger
Prep and Cook
- 1Generously butter a 9” x 13” or 8” round baking dish. Cut croissants into 1” cubes and place them inside the dish. Scatter the pears over the top, tucking the pieces around the bread.
- 2Whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and ginger. Pour the liquid slowly over the bread and pears, taking care to distribute it evenly. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- 3Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 4Remove the plastic wrap and bake the bread pudding for 50–60 minutes or until the centre has set and the edges of the bread are golden brown and caramelized.
- 5Serve with ice cream, powdered sugar, creme anglaise or chocolate sauce, if desired.