Vampire lovers will enjoy this easy-to-make graveyard treat.
- 1 – 9”x 13” chocolate cake
- 2 cups chocolate frosting
- 6–8 drops black food colouring or gel colouring paste
- Silver dragees or candies
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- Gummy worms
- Plastic or candy skeleton heads or bones
- Cardboard tombstone
- Silver cake board
Prep and Cook
- 1Place the cake in the freezer for 30 minutes. While the cake is chilling, add the black colouring to the chocolate frosting and mix to combine.
- 2Remove the cake from the freezer and place it on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, carve away the top corners and sides of the cake to create a coffin shape. Discard the scraps and transfer the cake to the silver cake board.
- 3Position the cake on an angle, and ice the top and sides of the cake with the black frosting.
- 4Outline the top of the coffin with silver candies and an RIP in the middle of the cake.
- 5Scatter the cookie crumbs around the base of the coffin and over the cake board.
- 6Press the gummy worms into the ‘dirt’ and distribute the bones over the surface.
- 7Build up a small pile of the cookie crumbs and insert the tombstone beside the top of the coffin.
Tagged under: cake,halloween party,coffin cake,halloween cake