Dreaming of a white bean spread, just like the one you used to know? Here it is.
- 1 15 oz can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅔ cup + 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 baguette cut into ½ inch slices
- Optional toppings: chopped sundried tomatoes, sliced green onions, fresh rosemary
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine the beans, lemon juice, garlic, ⅔ cup olive oil, Parmesan cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until completely pureed. Adjust the seasonings if necessary and set aside.
- 2Preheat the oven to 425°F. Brush the baguette pieces with the remaining olive oil and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- 3Remove the bread from the oven and cover each piece with the white bean spread. Top with suggested garnishes and serve.
Tagged under: crostini,crostini with white bean rosemary spread,white bean rosemary spread