Makes 20 cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup dried cherries
Prep and Cook
- 1In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine the butter and both sugars, and process until smooth.
- 2Add the egg and vanilla and mix again until creamy. Turn off the machine and scrape down the sides and across the bottom of the bowl.
- 3Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt into the processor. Pulse a few times until the dough comes together into a ball. Add the chopped chocolate and process for another 20-30 seconds.
- 4Dump the cookie dough into a bowl and stir in the dried cherries. Shape the dough into 20 cookies and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer and freeze until almost solid. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and store for up to one month.
- 5To bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cookie dough balls on the baking sheet; dampen your hands and flatten the dough slightly.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Serve and enjoy.