Toddlers love to dip—so give them something yummy and healthy to dip into. They don’t need to know it’s good for them.
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) mild salsa
- ¼ medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lower-sodium tomato juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cumin
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground coriander (optional)
Prep and Cook
- 1Set aside 1 cup (250 mL) of black beans.
- 2Blend remaining beans and all other ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 3Pour into serving bowl.
- 4Mix in remaining black beans and serve with baked whole wheat tortilla wedges, steamed carrots and cauliflower.
Tagged under: no-cook dip recipe,black bean dip recipe,toddler snacks