- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 small orange
- 3 Tbsp granulated or cane sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Prep and Cook
- 1Cook the strawberries, orange zest and juice, and sugar in a medium pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries have broken down and turned into a thick jam-like consistency, about 10–15 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside and cool.
- 2Meanwhile, whip the cream and salt until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the sweetened condensed cream and vanilla until blended. Stir in half the strawberry mixture until well combined, then add in the remainder of the berries, stirring just enough to create a marbled effect in the cream.
- 3Spoon the cream mixture into a 9” x 5” (or similar size) loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it on top of the cream, and freeze until firm, approximately 4-6 hours.
- 4Semifreddo can be stored in the freezer for up to three days.
- 5Scoop into bowls and serve with crisp cookies (shortbread are nice) or serve on ice cream cones.
Tagged under: strawberry semifreddo