This easy soup’s sophisticated flavours will appeal to adults but is known to be a hit with the kids as well.
- 1 sweet potato
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
Prep and Cook
- 1Wrap sweet potato in foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, until soft. Allow the sweet potato to cool slightly before scooping out the flesh. Set aside.
- 2Simmer carrots in boiling water for about 10 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 3Sautee onions, garlic and ginger in vegetable oil for 5 minutes or until they soften. Add curry powder and mix well. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes and then take off heat.
- 4Put small batches of carrots, sweet potato and the onion mixture in a blender and puree. Empty the blender out into a large pot.
- 5Over medium heat, add stock and coconut milk to the vegetable puree. Do not boil. Serve hot.
Tagged under: entertaining,soup,easy,sweet potato soup